Wild Moon Swings

Sunday, August 13, 2006

It's a Matter of Style

Okay, so I have learned something important this week. This is what I learned:

I DON'T LIKE THE CULTURE OF AUTHORS!!

I am actually really serious about this. I don't want to associate with those freaks. Fanfiction.net is one thing, but just regular authors who write about ... stuff. Ew! Seriously, do you guys have any idea how many of them write about their childhoods? Ew! Just get a journal and a therapist and get on with it. I don't know about the rest of you, but reading that kind of crap is sooo not interesting to me. I don't necessarily need bombs to explode or neck breaking fight scenes, but do things always have to be from a child's point of view? I don't know, but it seems to me that most author's I meet who don't also love anime, want to talk about real life problems - without the fluff also known as A STORY. They want to talk about eating disorders, people who have really died in their lives, abuse, drug addictions, and all things along these lines. Honestly, I'm okay with this sort of expression as long as it remained detached from my personal life, but I'd rather throw it in with all the fun and romance and running of one of my stories. I couldn't just sit down and talk about all my problems in a medium like storytelling and try to pass it off as 'literature'. Morons! Everytime I go to read something - I get so flaming bored. Don't writers who aren't into fanfiction ever write anything that has a little spunk to it?
MORONS!

P.S. This pic is by my favourite fanart artist - Eugene-chan. I love her!

The thing is that they are not dying to tell a creative, fascinating story - they are looking for a medium of personal expression to lighten their emotional load. GET A THERAPIST!

5 Comments:

  • I agree! That's just sooo boring.

    Those kinds of authors just don't have any imagination!

    Oh God... a book about MY life? That would be short... And the idea of sharing my life like that (even if I put fictional names) just freaks me out. I love my privacy...

    By Blogger algelic, at 5:59 a.m.  

  • I agree! My emotional baggage is mine and I don't share that.

    By Blogger Sapphirefly, at 7:47 a.m.  

  • Thank you dear girl. I really appreciate the backing, since this irritates me so much it makes me happy that I'm not the only one who feels this way.

    By Blogger Sapphirefly, at 6:15 p.m.  

  • It's ok to show some character background, but I definitely lose interest when it's all about a tortured past or personal problems... I mean, something has to happen in the story other than whining!

    I hate it when stories have no plot. (I think some "authors" take it for granted that we will automatically love their characters and be fascinated by them. not so!)

    By Blogger Sasha, at 10:20 p.m.  

  • Thanks Sasha. Personal background is one thing, and it needs to be in place for the characters to have proper motivation.

    One time, I got asked to read/review a story on ff.net about Hitomi killing herself and I refused on the merits that I don't read that sort of thing - ever. On the anime forum I belong to - talking about suicide is forbidden and doing it will get you kicked off.

    I'm not against people writing this sort of thing for their own expression. What I dislike is when they post it and try to pawn it off as story telling. RRRR! I have three journals and only two of them do I publish online. I still have my own private life ya know.

    By Blogger Sapphirefly, at 9:05 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home