Wild Moon Swings

Sunday, July 16, 2006

My Avitar

So, today I thought I'd talk about my avitar. I never thought it would happen, but I actually sort of want to change it *deep red blush*.

My avitar is from a quiz (and maybe someplace else too that I don't know about) that asks what you're a goddess of. I took this quiz years ago and naturally I was the Goddess of the Moon - no relation to my Escaflowne work. It's just a coincidence. But since Nightfaux picked her avitar, I'm starting to question whether it's really the right thing for me.

When I took on the name Sapphirefly, I sat down with my GIANT art book and drew a whole bunch of little picture to illustrate what a Sapphirefly might look like. There were two that I remember as being abnormally good. One was of a giant pear shaped sapphire (a blue sapphire) with angel wings and the other one was of a little glass bottle filled with blue/green liquid (that was swishing around inside) with butterfly wings. I'm starting to think that maybe I should scan one of them and do it up nice for my avitar. Except ...

Except that I am ALL over the friggin internet and to redo my avitar would almost be as frustrating as changing my penname. Changing my penname at this point would be too stupid. Especially since I'm starting to meet people in real life who have heard of me as Sapphirefly. This might sound incredible, but anyone who pokes around at Escaflowne fanfiction has seen my posts - so it's not that great, but STILL. It' means that I've made a name for myself among fanfiction circles, so I can't change my penname now! And I feel like I can't change my avitar either. THIBBIT! Stupid recognizable icons .... blah ...

Besides, eventually I'd just get tired of my new icon, just like I got tired with the old one, just like I get tired of my penname, just as I get tired of my real name, and so on ... everything's boring!

And the thing that's saddest about all of this is that I just took the quiz again and I'm not even a Goddess of the Moon anymore. I'm a Goddess of Wind.

Just as a side note, you can access the quiz by clicking on Home on my webpage. It's the cutest quiz I've ever taken. ^_^!

4 Comments:

  • LOL Goddess of the Wind! ^^

    The story about my nickname: I wanted to use "angelic" but it was already taken... so I just changed it to "algelic" because I knew that nobody would have the same! Muahahaha! Boring story! ^^

    I created this nickname because the other one I always used, "up_all_night", was very «controversial» and everyone would tease it and get the wrong idea! -_-

    :D The story about my icon: I love fairies. I mean this kind of dark fairies. So I have some beautiful pictures of them in my computer. This one is my favourite... kinda melancholic like me! ^^

    I like your icon! And your nickname! With all the reputation you built for yourself it'll be difficult to change the name you're known for.

    I'll take that quiz later, when I find the time! ^^ I'm really busy studying (again). lol

    By Blogger algelic, at 9:10 a.m.  

  • Yup - take the quiz. It's really fun because it's about style.

    And thanks for saying that you like my penname and pic - I'm so bored with both. I WANNA RENAME MYSELF! *sigh*

    By Blogger Sapphirefly, at 10:14 a.m.  

  • I just took the quiz! I'm a Goddess of the Moon! ^^

    I'll check out those animes you recommended me! Thanks!

    By Blogger algelic, at 12:38 p.m.  

  • I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home