Wild Moon Swings

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

One of my Loves

So, back when I was a little squirt (and this was a really really really long time ago). I wasn't in love with the Backstreet Boys like my other little junior high friends - I was in love with Brad Pitt ... and he broke my heart.

I used to have a Brad Pitt poster collection that could have rivaled his headshots. You see, I lived in a small town and so absolutely everyone knew that I loved Brad Pitt and so they used to give me pictures, movies, posters - everything that they happened to have lying around that had his picture on it.

Actually, it was a little humiliating.

But no matter how humiliating it got, I could never find my way to being ashamed over it. Before I loved Brad Pitt, I loved absolutely NOTHING. I don't remember enjoying anything or even having a purpose in life before I loved him. That's sad, eh? Well, I was a very apathetic child - broody and depressing. He doesn't know it, but just by looking the way he does, he inspired writing, encouraged me to find friends, made me smile and reminded me that men couldn't be all bad if they were that good looking to me, and so on.

Well, it's been a long time since my last Brad Pitt poster came off my bedroom wall - a REALLY long time, and I always thought that I would be able to remember my love for him without cringing, but lately ... I don't know.

I don't read tabloids or anything like that, and I never thought I'd get sick of seeing his face, but damn ... it actually happened. I realise that it's probably not his fault (once again - I'm totally clueless to whatever has been going on in his life because I don't support that kind of crap), but man alive! It's so bleeding irritating! Don't people feel ashamed for splattering someone's private life across anything, be it T.V., internet, magazines, or newpapers? I feel ashamed looking at the covers, but when I'm waiting in line for the teller at a convenience store or the grocery story and I see this garbage - not only am I totally disenchanted with the him, but I'm disenchanted with society.

It's not good to lose faith with society (that's how the evilest anime villians are created - LOL).

Well, the media and society (because someone must buy those magazines) managed to kill my love for someone I admired. So - I hope you're happy LOSERS!

____________________________________________________________________

Author's notes: I just wanted to have a place to say how strong I am as a person now that I don't need shiny lights or shiny men to make me feel happy anymore. I have my own spark of divine fire that keeps me moving. It's one of the perks of adulthood.

8 Comments:

  • I never had a really big obcession with anything. I might like something and talk a lot about it, but I don't own everything about it. I never had posters in my bedroom walls and my computer doesn't have hundreds of pictures of one specific thing. I'm a quiet fan.

    Oh you reminded me of something... Tom Hanks. I used to admire him a lot, but then I saw a guy on an interview in a show, talking about what it was like to work with Tom. He said that while filming the Da Vinci Code movie, Tom actually gave a huge fart during one of the takes. O_O Since then I can't think of Tom Hanks without thinking about the fart scene. Stupid TV!

    You are a strong person. I can tell. ^^ I'm proud of you sis.

    By Blogger algelic, at 12:34 a.m.  

  • Aw ... thanks. But I really have to point out again that this thing I had going on with Brad Pitt was a REALLY long time ago - almost in the double digits. Really long time ago, and like I said - I'm a little embarrassed about it now.

    By Blogger Sapphirefly, at 8:07 a.m.  

  • LOL I understood you. ^^

    Oh don't be embarassed. All of us did things that they're really embarassed about. (I could name about 100 of them at the top of my head... results of my former childish behaviour). I remember when me and about 4 of my friends were 12 years old and had a crush on the same guy. LOL and then we'd follow him everywere (without bothering to be discreet) and embarass him and ourselves! I could tell you stories that would make you fall off your chair from laughing! LOL oh the embarassment!

    By Blogger algelic, at 11:55 a.m.  

  • Yeah, I've been thinking about sharing some of my more ... creative adventures on Wild Moon Swings, but I haven't made up my mind to do it. I think some people I know read this (without posting comments). For my own part - I'm okay with sharing the stories. It's just that some of the people in my stories might not like it and I wouldn't want to piss them off - so I haven't done it yet. I would do it if I knew who my readership was exactly.

    By Blogger Sapphirefly, at 12:59 p.m.  

  • You could try and hide their identities. LOL that sounded so cliché.

    If you do it, then I might be able to have the courage to do it! ^^ After all, I'd mostly be laughing at myself. LOL

    By Blogger algelic, at 2:45 p.m.  

  • I tried to write one of my better stories like that, and it didn't really go over very well. I mean, everyone's identities were hidden, but MAN ALIVE! It somehow was all wrong. I don't even know how to properly explain how it was wrong or the proper way to fix it. It's just weird.

    Maybe I'll try again.

    By Blogger Sapphirefly, at 4:31 p.m.  

  • HAHAHAHA! Yep! Then you can make bets on how many different places they had to tape the dress to the actress' skin so that it didn't slip. LOL!

    By Blogger Sapphirefly, at 9:42 p.m.  

  • I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home