Wild Moon Swings

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

You're Standing on my Neck

Just from the title, you should know that this post would be about Daria. I remember reading about it in a teen magazine when it first came out quite a few years ago. It's a spin-off from Bevis and Butthead. Yeah, it's weird for me to admit that I ever watched that show, but truly, I was a teenager and used to hang out late at sleepover parties. We had to have something to do besides daring each other to eat weird things. Thank goodness this was before Fear Factor and SUDSU (gummy bears and skim milk), so nothing truly disgusting ever entered into our little sleep-deprived brains.

Anyway, I recently got the first season of Daria, and I've been watching it. I seriously think it's hilarious, but that probably has something to do with the mood I've been in lately.

Today, it occurred to me that I must be depressed - just a mood swing I'm sure - but depressed nonetheless. Blah ... I know I've been really stressed and busy for the past two weeks, and it has let up a bit this week, but I just feel like everyone sucks - myself included - and that there's no reason to bother with anything. I've become extremely sensitive to noise and my nerves feel tight as wire. I'm moody. Normally, I feel like I live such a small life that it doesn't matter what I do or how fast I do it, but I've been starting to drag other people down by my bad mood - which is inexcuseable. Yeah, I've been ripping into people like there aren't any consequences for acting like an ass. And saying horrible things in public. It's getting quite bad.

So, in the middle of all this, I started watching bitter Daria. I think it made me feel better. At least I'm snapish without thinking first. If I'm snapish after I've done an internal dialogue - that's something else - and that would require more severe action than just quarentining myself in my house until I naturally stop being waspish.

Just remember girls - testosterone is a happy hormone - estrogen isn't.

7 Comments:

  • Ohhh so THAT is Daria! I've seen that! It was here on TV for about a month.

    I liked watching it (the few times I did). She reminded me of myself sometimes.

    Everyone has those phases. xD
    I personally have them often. I even have to stay away from my friends sometime because I'm in such a bad mood that I'm afraid I'll say something mean to them.

    By Blogger algelic, at 11:38 p.m.  

  • awsome, using Daria as a tool to cheer yu up, fun :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:54 a.m.  

  • hi! I found this from your fanfiction.net profile.

    I used to love Daria. Reminds me of watching it when I was a teenager and those "angsty" periods... good to know that someone else still occasionally goes through them!

    By Blogger Sasha, at 8:44 p.m.  

  • Hey everyone! Thanks for coming. Especially sasha. What's your ff.net name? Maybe I've heard of you.

    Anyway, I was talking to Jakrath about my bad mood swings and he looked at me, so I elaborated for him, hoping he'd be able to help me find some meaning in this sea of unusually raging emotions. He looked me square in the face and said, "You're always moody."

    U-huh ...

    Men just don't get it.

    By Blogger Sapphirefly, at 10:48 p.m.  

  • Hey Saphire, I've been thinking and...

    I think you should see Ouran High School Host Club.

    The main female character is kinda like Daria. LOL it's really funny.

    I think it'll end your bad mood. ^^

    By Blogger algelic, at 8:35 a.m.  

  • my ff.net name is peachxplum. I haven't really written anything though (planning to, but who knows when that will ever happen), so no luck there! :)

    By Blogger Sasha, at 2:39 p.m.  

  • Hey algelic,

    I'll look into it. I haven't heard of it before. Sounds fun!

    Hey sasha,

    Yup! I remember you, cause you've reviewed, and you usually have something more interesting to say than the usual 'great chapter'. So, yup - I definitely know you.

    It was cool of you to come by and post. Really cool! Especially since you're a blogger - and I'll say it again - you have the coolest blogger layout I've ever seen.

    By Blogger Sapphirefly, at 2:48 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home