Wild Moon Swings

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Goodbye (for now)

So, today, I thought I'd do a post about a song that I thought about including as one of the three songfics for 'Mark of a Goddess', but rejected the idea after some careful thinking.

The pic I've got today is a wallpaper of Noin from 'Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne'. In the manga I liked his character way more than I did in the anime - they butchered him in the anime.

Anyway, this is a song about death. It's really lovely. Please enjoy it!

Monolithic – Goodbye (for now)

I don't want to say goodbye
But it's time to spread these wings and fly.

I know it's hard to understand
when the hourglass runs out of sand.

Into the sky above, I drift through the darkness and sense what is love passing...
Into the light ahead, my spirit's alive though you see what is dead.

Lift your head and don't you cry,
'Cause we all have to someday die.
Just remember that I'll always care.
Call my name and I'll be there.

Holding you in the night, I know you can't see me but feel this my light, softly...
brushing the dark away, listen and you'll hear the words that I say.

Where my soul flies, I'll be here tonight
Where my soul flies, I pray you'll be alright... you'll be alright

When you're tired and growing old
and your life on Earth begins to fold,
You'll find that it will all begin.
I will see you and hold you again.

Where my soul flies, I'll be here tonight
Where my soul flies, I pray you'll be alright... you'll be alright

4 Comments:

  • Beautiful song. I love it! ^^

    When you choose a song for a Songfic... how do you pick it? Is it because of the music or the lyrics, or both?

    By Blogger algelic, at 2:05 a.m.  

  • I usually pick a song because I've been listening to it non-stop and something in the lyrics inspired me in my writing. But sometimes, I go and seek out a song that I already know really well and know that the lyrics serve my purposes. I listen to a lot of music, and it's really an inspiration.

    By Blogger Sapphirefly, at 1:37 p.m.  

  • Good song! When you get to the spot where you wanted to use it, you'll have to tell me. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:02 p.m.  

  • Actually, it doesn't really fit with the image I decided on going with in any of the chapters, so it has no place where it was going to go. It was just the only song that got pitched that wasn't removed from my Word doc full of possible songs. This is a reminant from really early in the planning process. When Mark of a Goddess is finished - you won't be able to find a place where it would have fit.

    By Blogger Sapphirefly, at 4:32 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home