Wild Moon Swings

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Hence the Title

I love shoujo manga. I don't know why I do, but I really love it with all my heart. It's quite sad, but I really really really do. So, I'm going to do a list of all the manga I like and advise everyone to go read it.

P.S. I really want this book. I think I'd make an excellent shoujo author since I write such good dialogue and could skip out on having to describe the scene - I could draw it instead.

Okay, so here's the grand list. Most of these are free scantilations, so you can find them on irc for free. I love those guys. They rock my world. Okay, here's the list:

  1. Rurouni Kenshin - Not really shoujo. Incredible anyway. Honestly, nothing touches Kenshin ... not even Kenshin. And I'm still pissed that the anime sucked as much as it did. It was such a great loss for Kenshin fans. 10/10.
  2. Gokusen - I talk about this one all the time, so you can look at my previous posts for a synopsis. I follow this manga series diligently. I love it so much. 10/10.
  3. Red Lion - This is a Korean one, so it's a little different from the Japanese ones. It is read left to right like ordinary comics. It's about a girl who used to be a street fighter, but her parents make her change schools so she'll keep out of trouble. They want her to find a boyfriend. Oopes - she finds four. I love harem manga. It's really one of the best things in life, but this one isn't finished yet. I follow it religiously. 10/10.
  4. Koukou Debut - This is about a girl who was on the softball team in middle school. She was the star player, but now that she's in highschool she wants to try something different. She wants a boyfriend, so she decides to dedicate herself to that, but she's really muscular and awkward and can't seem to attract anyone. That's when she meets Yoh and she decides that he would make a perfect coach for her. It's not finished either and I follow it carefully. 10/10.
  5. Milk Crown - There are three in this series 'Milk Crown', 'Milk Crown H', and 'Milk Crown Lovers'. I like this manga artist. Her name is Aqua and all her stuff is pretty good, but 'Milk Crown' is the best. No need for a synopsis. It's just an ordinary high school thing, but very cute. 7/10.
  6. Charisma Doll - This one is about a couple of high school students who are also idols, except that she puts on a disguise when she sings and he doesn't, so no one knows she's a superstar. It's SO cute. It's also short. Only two volumes. 10/10.
  7. Count Down - This is one about a girl who makes a wish on new year's eve at a magic show. It doesn't work out well at all, and she ends up getting dumped in a pool of water, but ... a guy with one green eye and one black eye fishes her out of the water. And whoopes - he's the hottest thing she's ever seen in her life, so maybe she got a better wish than her own. 8/10.
  8. Dice - This one is about a love square. It was two volumes and utterly adorable. 10/10.
  9. Honey Bunny - I got about ten pages into this one and realized that I never wanted to read it in my entire life. You'd have to pay me. It's about an evil hot guy who gets possessed by an alien about half the time. 2/10.
  10. Honijitsu mo Muteki - It's short and it's not bad. It's about a girl getting over a 'Tom Boy' thing. 5/10.
  11. I Wish - This one is about a girl who's entire family dies, so she goes to work for a magician - who looks more like a chick than most chicks. 4/10.
  12. I'll - This is basketball shounen. I'm not very far into it, but it seems good so far. 7/10.
  13. Kakan no Madonna - This is historical fiction and I was sort of enjoying it ... until something happened. I don't like it when rape is glamourized. It really pisses me off, so I stopped following it. That sort of thing poisens me. 2/10.
  14. Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne - The anime for this sucked, but the manga was delightful. I enjoyed it up until the last volume and then I wasn't too thrilled. algelic said that she didn't like it because of the use of Joan of Arc - that it was almost blasphemous. Well, it got sort of blasphemous to me as a religious person towards the end. But at the same time, I can't get too heated. It was written by a person who clearly didn't understand religion the way I do, so I can't get mad at someone's interpretation just because it's different from mine. All the same - I was still sort of offended. I won't ever read the last volume again, but the rest was really great. 7/10.
  15. Vanilla Ice - This is about a guy who looks like a chick and a chick who looks like a guy. Yeah, I wasn't too thrilled. 3/10.
  16. Sleeping Beauty - I didn't get very far in this one, but it looked like fun even though it obviously wasn't high quality. 7/10.
  17. Shishi Doumei Cross - This was recently licenced, so I'll never get to read anymore. This one is by the same author as 'Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne' and 'Full Moon wo Sagashite'. There are parts that are really beautiful. This is this author's first hardcore high school manga. It was like the most beautiful romance novel anyone ever saw, but it still had some ... abuse. Mailman-san was the CUTEST thing I ever saw in my entire life. 8/10.
Okay, that's it. Pretty fun eh? Now I'm tired.

3 Comments:

  • Where do you get the oppertunity to read all these?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:13 p.m.  

  • All you need to know is www.sugarmanga.com. Not all of these are available there, but most of them are. They're free scantilations in the same way that we get fansubbed anime ... as in they are removed once they are licenced. So, they give you a good clue as to what's good to buy when they come out and sometimes, if you're lucky, you get the whole series. Just remember to read right to left and leave some room on your harddrive and you should have a blast.

    By Blogger Sapphirefly, at 7:00 p.m.  

  • Wow... I really don't know a thing about manga. LOL The only titles I recognized were Jeanne's and Kenshin's.

    I found a way to prove (sort of) that Ayashi no Ceres (aka Ceres, Celestial Legend) is indeed a good anime!! ^^ Just look at this website:
    http://tangerine.astraldream.net/anime.html (It's in the Older Teen section)

    By Blogger algelic, at 12:13 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home