Wild Moon Swings

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Withering Wondering

It's the kind of day when I wonder if I'll ever get anywhere with my writing. I worked hard on my last chapter of 'Vampire Kiss' and posted a chapter today. Not too many people reviewed even though my hit count was near a hundred after only a few hours. Does that mean that it wasn't a good chapter? I thought it was cool. But it was also over six thousand words. That may be a little bit too much for my audience. Bummer.

I've also been working on a short story. It's a completely different project than the novels I've been working on for the past four years, so I'm a little off balance.

But what? I'm confused. I only ever hear of people who have been writing and their books/stories/articles are rejected because they're not good enough, and yet there are piles and piles of books all over the place with the names of the people who were good enough on the covers. Not only that, but every time I turn around it turns out that a famous author has more than one alias and has been publishing books under three different names. It's discouraging. I'm discouraged.

1 Comments:

  • Don't be discouraged. I am amazed at your writing productivity. It's hard not to rely on external validation, but being published/getting many reviews don't necessarily equate to good writing- I'm sure that you can think of many examples.

    By Blogger Jaima, at 1:57 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home