Wild Moon Swings

Saturday, June 06, 2009

Moving my Can Across Town

Earlier this year, I read "Remember Me?" by Sophie Kinsella. I wasn't wild about the book, but the main character loses three years of her memory in a car accident. They just happened to be the three years of something around 26 to 29 (or something like that). Anyway, the point is that the character gets a major jolt as she is teleported from the free and fancy years in her twenties to the responsible ones.

I didn't get it.

There is a HUGE gap in responsibility between mid-twenties to late-twenties. The gap between early to mid isn't as big, but the one that bridges you over to your late twenties IS BIG. I'm shocked.

I'm probably feeling this way because all the things I'm supposed to do before I'm thirty are coming out. Do you know what I was supposed to get done before I was thirty?

1. Finish having all my children.
2. Purchase my first house.
3. Get my first book published.

You'd think I still have three years left. I already feel like I'm running out of time.

2 Comments:

  • Yes. So true. All of a sudden, 30 jumps out at you, and you wonder why you haven't done everything you wanted to do. But, once you pass it, you can breathe a sigh of relief. I did anyways. Turning 30 seemed alot worse than 31 does.
    I flew to New York. Ivy, Edward and I just got back this morning. It was so great, and I will try to post about it ASAP:)

    By Blogger Jaima, at 6:45 p.m.  

  • I just barely made it; having all my babies by the time I was 30. Now watch me change my mind. ;P Still haven't bought a house, which is kinda depressing...maybe by the time I'm 32 that'll be all worked out. Here's hoping!

    I actually don't feel as bad about being 30 as I had thought. I actually LIKE telling people how old I am because maybe then they'll take me seriously since I look SO much younger than my actual age.

    I do have days where I wish that I look my age but in the back of my mind I know I'll be loving my youthful appearance when I get to that age where it really counts.

    I wonder how I'll feel when I get to my mid-thirties?

    By Blogger mykideatsdirt, at 8:23 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home