Wild Moon Swings

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Inspiring Edward

Okay, so Reddmummy gave me a good idea. She mentioned that I could get inspired by Edward Rochester from Jane Eyre. No insult to Charlotte Bronte, but when I think of the name Edward, I don't think Edward Rochester takes the cake. Of all the fictional characters named Edward, one shines like a golden ray of wonderful writing. That's right - Edward Elric from 'Full Metal Alchemist'.

I think 'Full Metal Alchemist' is one of the best animes I have ever seen. Basically everything after episode 51 looked to me like an abomination, but that's because episodes 1-51 were so perfectly organized and executed, I was rivited. It's really not often that they put a story together this well for this long - over 20 hours of dramatic, tragic, miserable, yummy goodness.

My favourite parts of the series:

1. When Edward is running from the butcher carrying his own arm. I can feel his fear to my bone marrow.
2. When Wrath first shows up and I'm sitting there thinking, "The colour palat on his arm and leg look like Edward's." I have a great eye for colour.
3. And HUGE SPOILER WARNING HERE: I love the part where Envy stabs him through the chest and pretty much everything that follows afterwards. I know a lot of people crab about the ending - I thought it was perfect.

So, my new desktop and winamp skin will be Edward Elric.

3 Comments:

  • Glad that you could think of a suitably inspiring Edward. The name has been very inspiring to me! And I don't even mind when everyone asks if I name my son after Edward Cullen. Edward is just such a great name.

    By Blogger Jaima, at 9:09 p.m.  

  • Please don't tempt me. I'm not allowed to rant online.

    The first rule in impressing boys is that you never bash another girl in front of them. He'll turn around and start dating her.

    The same might be said for novellists.

    By Blogger Sapphirefly, at 9:55 a.m.  

  • Hi, I'm a spanish
    girl I don't speak english fluent
    but I can try it, wiht a tranlator, we can talk,
    Your feedback is really good

    By Blogger Montii, at 12:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home