Wild Moon Swings

Thursday, October 09, 2008

The Burning Rose


'The Burning Rose' is a poem that I wrote for chapter 18 of my fanfic 'Vampire Kiss'. It's a poem that is supposed to be written by Dryden and be basically the most romantic thing I could think of. Before I started writing it, I also gave it an alternate title, 'The Woman I Cannot Have'. Here it is:

The fairytale of my love began with you

With that single rose spell of forever love

With charms and keys of enchantment

Like a white witch, you trapped me


Dangled

Tangled

Strangled


And when you fall, you tumbled like a child in hay

And my heart falls when you keep me at bay

And my soul fills with lifeblood when I hear you say,

“Only when the rose burns”


The fairytale of my love grew for you

With arms and lips I sought to prove

With words and breaths of worship

Like a fallen angel, you reviled me


Rejected

Dejected

Ejected


And when you fall, you tumble like a child in hay

And my heart falls when you keep me at bay

And my soul fills with lifeblood when I hear you say,

“Only when the rose burns”


The fairytale of my love goes on for you

With aching body and broken arms

With apology and borrowed sympathy

Like the blue rose, you sent me along


Depressed

Repressed

Suppressed


And when you fall, you tumble like a child in hay

And my heart falls when you keep me at bay

And my soul fills with lifeblood when I forever say,

“This rose still burns … for you”



5 Comments:

  • This is a song. Reminds me a little of some of Alan's lyrics. Thanks for the link.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:25 a.m.  

  • What a beautiful poem!

    Hey sis! It's been a long time since you posted! How about making your first 2009 post? :P

    I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year's eve!

    Have you been watching/reading anything? Anime, Dramas, Manga?

    A couple of days ago I watched a movie that I'm SURE you'll love: "Let the right one in". Since you like vampire stories so much, you'll adore this one.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:45 a.m.  

  • Hiya algelic,
    I'm glad you liked my poem. Thanks for stopping by. I haven't seen you in ages.

    I have been watching a Korean drama called 'Full House' lately, but I haven't been watching any animes or reading.

    Actually, the Twilight epidemic has cured me of my love for vamps. I always thought I'd write a book about vampires some day and now I know I never will. It's just become such old hat and I can't wear something that out of style. SPOILER WARNING - my book 'vampire kiss' isn't about vampires. Poorly conceived title. If I could give it a new title (and I certainly will because most of my books have at least two titles) I would call it 'Kiss of Tragedy'.

    Thanks for stopping by.
    -Sapphirefly

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:39 a.m.  

  • Very true. I'm just fed up of hearing about Twilight. Everywhere I go, there's some teenage fangirl talking about it (even in college!). It sucked that the movie was a hit... now there are more fangirls!

    You can create your own race now! Forget vampires! XD

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:01 a.m.  

  • I love you algelic. This is why you're my virtual little sister. Yeah, making new and fantastic urban fantasy - that's what I'm all about.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:01 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home