Wild Moon Swings

Sunday, October 01, 2006

My Webpage

Hiya! So two years ago (almost three) I started a webpage dedicated to my Slayers fanfiction (there's a link to the site on the side bar). It was basically because I was too afraid to post on fanfiction net. Needless to say, I got over my jitters and it's been a good relationship since, but it's been awhile since my last update my webpage and the honest truth is that - I DON'T WRITE SLAYERS FANFIC ANYMORE! So, I'm not sure what to do with the site. I thought of making an Escaflowne corner, or something along those lines, but there's very little point to that. After I finish 'Mark of a Goddess' then I have very little intention of ever writing anything Escaflowne oriented again. I might once I finish my other projects, but that won't be for years - who knows what'll be tickling my fancy by then? So I haven't been making any promises that I'll hang around. Plus, ya know - I've been hanging out with Van and Hitomi for a long time now and I think I'm ready to say hello to some new characters. However, I did have an idea for a book after 'Mark of a Goddess', but it wasn't very good. I doubt it'll get to the production stage, plus by the time I got around to it - everyone who was enjoying the series will be long gone.

Anyway, the point is - I'm basically through writing fanfiction. Truthfully, I haven't read very much fanfiction that was good. The thing that motivated me to write fanfiction was that I read some that really sucked and I was positive that I could do a better job. That was my whole motivation.

But my Escaflowne series was original fiction that I made into fanfiction so that someone would read it.

I really like the feedback and reviews that I get on fanfiction.net and I'm positive that I'm going to a much colder place when I start writing original fiction again. I'll have to write for three or four sites and you know what that means - I'll have to change the story's format for each friggin' one. *sigh* Only when you've spent an entire evening messing around with this crap and getting zero reviews can you understand my frustration. Most of you probably have no idea what I'm talking about. But even though it's may seem like I'm not being loyal to the craft - THE REVIEWS AND COMMENTS ACT AS GREAT MOTIVATORS - so when I stop getting them, it'll really hurt my feelings. But at the same time, I can't keep writing about Van and Hitomi indefinitely. I have to grow too!

So this all amounts to the final question.

What the heck should I do with my website? ARGH!

11 Comments:

  • Well.... if you«re paying to keep it... shut it down.
    If not, keep it. Don't throw away the work and dedication you put into that website.

    :)

    By Blogger algelic, at 11:06 a.m.  

  • That's a good perspective. But who seriously pays for webspace? That sounds like crazy talk. I would never do that. Zero sense man - zero cents (hehehe - I did a pun!)

    By Blogger Sapphirefly, at 12:15 p.m.  

  • Why not just keep it up as part of your work? It can be like an informal CV of sorts.

    By Blogger jomiel, at 12:16 p.m.  

  • :P I paid for mine because I was tired of dealing with advertising. The other reason was to install a photo display program for making a family album, but I've been too lazy ; ;

    By Blogger jomiel, at 12:18 p.m.  

  • Do I stand to benefit from my website? Hmm ... Other than a fruitful Google search when someone enters my penname, I can't think of what anyone could be getting out of it. I haven't updated in ages, but my hit counter keeps going up. My guess is that Escaflowne fans go there and then quickly backtrack as soon as they realize that it's not an Escaflowne site.

    Hey jomiel - what is an informal CV? If that involves me updating, than it probably won't work. ^^ I'm getting lazier.

    By Blogger Sapphirefly, at 8:46 p.m.  

  • Oh sorry, CV is the formal name for resume in the medical world :P Stands for curriculum vitae. I guess latin is just too hard to let go, or something...

    I don't know. If you're comfortable with people accessing your site even though it's not up to date, I think there's no real reason to take it down. Completely revamping websites take forever :( After I switched webhosts, I was too lazy to even put up the original site, haha :P

    It's a pretty site though ;o

    By Blogger jomiel, at 9:58 a.m.  

  • I didn't even know you had a website. What's the address?

    By Blogger Sapphirefly, at 1:40 p.m.  

  • It's jomiel.com :P But I don't have anything up there other than a link to my blog. Right now it's just for hosting. If I ever put up more pictures, I'll be sure to let you know ;3

    By Blogger jomiel, at 9:06 p.m.  

  • Oh, I had meant "it's a pretty site, though" to be your Slayers site!

    By Blogger jomiel, at 9:07 p.m.  

  • I am really thankful to the owner of this website who has shared this wonderful piece of writing at here.



    Feel free to visit my web-site extreme weight loss

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:19 a.m.  

  • My brother recommended I might like this web site. He was totally right.
    This post truly made my day. You cann't imagine simply how much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!

    Here is my page weight loss program

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:25 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home