Wild Moon Swings

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Me and My Manga

This is my desktop that I use to inspire me for 'Mark of a Goddess'. I wondered where the artist got this image of Van. Eventually, I decided that it was a fanart pic done up to the nines. However, this isn't true. It's a pic from the manga. It's the first pic of Van ever shown. Needless to say, this post will be about the Escaflowne manga - which I recently got my hands on.

I have something to admit here and it's really bad. I would never have gotten further than the first chapter of the Escaflowne, because it ... was non-fun. It would never have maintained my interest. It's ... weird. Hitomi doesn't even look the same. She's got long hair and she's not an athlete and she goes to AN ALL GIRLS SCHOOL! So, Amano wasn't introduced.

Now one of my favourite things about the anime is at the beginning when Hitomi turns over the Ace of Serpents (foreshadowing about Van), but in the manga she doesn't turn over the Ace of Serpents!! She sees two cards: one is the tower (like the anime) and the other one is the Knight of Swords!! So, you see Allen comes and slays the dragon that attacks Hitomi's school instead of Van. I was so bleeding tanked I can't even describe. Also, just the way Allen and Van were drawn was so ... painful. Van LOOKS like a bratty kid and Allen looks like a man-whore straight out of ... the man-whore store.

Seriously, I don't think I can read it even though I was excited. I can't stand for Van to be outdone by Allen when it comes to the stupid dragon. I didn't get further than Allen's entrance because I was so vexed that I couldn't stand to go on.

3 Comments:

  • Hahahaha. I've heard similar comments about the manga (although not in so much detail- omg @ Allen), so I've decided to not buy it and read it to my disappointment ; ; I don't think I can stand Van not being who he is.

    I'm way more obsessive about Van than Kenshin. Does this mean I like young boys??? @_@

    By Blogger jomiel, at 2:30 a.m.  

  • I don't think Van qualifies as a 'young boy'. Seriously. When does he act like a young boy? In my opinion, he falls into the category of guys who are given a young age in order to attract young fans, but when does he act like a kid? He doesn't. He may act immature, but not to the level of a 15 year old - at least not in my mind.

    By Blogger Sapphirefly, at 7:58 a.m.  

  • Ah, very true <3

    By Blogger jomiel, at 1:49 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home