Wild Moon Swings

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The Most Popular Guys

So, lately it has come to my attention (from my observations) that the three most popular names for men are Jin, Van and Zel. Seriously! I can't believe how many times I see guys with these names. Let me show you!

Jin

1. Jin from Samurai Champloo.
2. Jin from Innocent Venus.
3. Jin from Milk Crown.
4. Jin from BXB Brothers.
5. Jin from Xenosaga.

This is the name of countless manga boys. If I even tried to make a list - I'd die. I'm not kidding. Usually, I can't remember the names of the characters in manga after I finish reading them and so I'd have to go back and check all of them and that means I would die researching this subject, so please just take my word for it. There are a LOT!

Van

1. Van from A Vision of Escaflowne.
2. Van from Gun...something. Sorry I thought this was a really boring anime and so I stopped watching it, but I remember that his name was Van and I was like, "Who the heck do you think you are?" He might as well have been named Vash for how cheesed I was.
3. Van from Blood+.
4. Vaan from Final Fantasy XII.

This is also a hugely popular for last names when the anime character is supposed to be european. Everyone is always 'Van ... something or other'. So, it gets used all over the place. Once again - if I tried to make a list, I'd die.

Zel

1. Zelgadis from Slayers.
2. Xellos from Slayers.
3. Zel from Final Fantasy VIII.
4. Azel from Magna Carta: Tears of Blood.

Okay, so this one is more of a stretch. I just love Zels, so I'm on the lookout for them~_^!

3 Comments:

  • That pictures is one of my favorite shots from Escaflowne ^^

    By Blogger jomiel, at 7:24 p.m.  

  • I haven't seen enough anime to have found names repeated.

    Oh... but I can give an example (at least):
    - Touya (from Ayashi no Ceres)
    - Touya (from Card Captor Sakura)

    Sorry I haven't been commenting your blog lately, but I've been really busy. ^^

    By Blogger algelic, at 8:33 a.m.  

  • And Touya from Hikaru no Go, the awesome go anime.

    By Blogger jomiel, at 9:21 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home