Wild Moon Swings

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Korean Manhwa

Did you guys know that I love Korean manga (manhwa)? I am totally not kidding. Seriously. I have seriously enjoyed almost every one of them that I've got my fingers on. I'm going do a little review for the best titles.

Red Lion

That's the pick I've got for today. Seriously! This is a smashing manga about a girl street fighter who has three guys who are in love with her. It's seriously great fun. One of them is a player, and another one is a yakuza heir, and the last one is a male model. But don't let that throw you - he's also into motorcycles and has a tragic past. HAHA! Seriously - I am SO amused whenever I read this. I've even read it more than once. So fun!

Goong

This one is a fictional story pretending that Korea has a monarchy and our heroine has been invited to marry the prince. However, this is not your average holiday game and is actually a really intense drama. I stayed up until 4 a.m. reading it because I couldn't put it down. I haven't done that for years, because my sleep time is extremely precious - so count that as my giant stamp of approval and read it before it gets licenced.

My Girl

This one is about a teenage girl who is leading a double life. She's a model who goes by the name of Jinny on one side and a regular teenage girl on the other side. Now, I know you'd think that this would be ordinary, but it's totally not. Her real self is almost boyish and her hair is cut very short - she always wears a wig when she goes modelling. I love wigs - they are amazing. When I wear my wig, sometimes people don't even recognize me as the same person. It's hillarious! And I can't wait for the next chapter to come out. I check it almost every day.

Love Comic

This one is about a shy girl who has somehow managed to catch the attention of the two most popular guys in school. Normally, I would overlook this, because it looks like it might be boring and ordinary, but I started reading it because I love the Korean stuff and it has turned out to be an extremely enjoyable read. So, I'd recommend it.

Okay, that's it for now. Go to this website to get your fix - or to get addicted
http://koreanmovies.free.fr/index.html

4 Comments:

  • OMG I really liked those descriptions! I'm going to check it out! ^^

    By Blogger algelic, at 1:04 p.m.  

  • If you can't get it to work off IRC go to sugarmanga.com and get them from there. Kay? ^^

    By Blogger Sapphirefly, at 3:12 p.m.  

  • I got it to work! ^^ I hadn't been in IRC in aaaaaaages! Wow!
    It was kinda strange at first, but now it's easy.

    I started with Sleeping Beauty. Mostly because it was the easiest to get. I've read 6 chapters. So funny. You have to read manga from right to left, right? -_- weird...

    By Blogger algelic, at 3:15 a.m.  

  • Japanese manga is read from right to left. A lot of the Korean manhwa is read from left to right.

    Yeah - I've read Sleeping Beauty. It's been really slow in coming out - really slow.

    By Blogger Sapphirefly, at 11:10 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home