Wild Moon Swings

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I'm Not in Love

I'm not in Love

By Sapphirefly

I'm not in love with you
I just feel that if you leave tonight
I will be hollowed
Like a pumpkin cut and carved
There will be nothing inside my chest
No, I'm not in love with you
I'm not the type to love
But you can't leave me like this
Not when you know my blood will burst
And I will be empty
I feel my brain breaking with each of your footfalls
I'm not in love with you
I couldn't be
Our friendship was never like that
But I feel something else
Like the ball chain of my inner workings somehow
Curled itself around your belt loop
If you keep walking
You pull the plug on me
Not just us.
And no, I'm not in love with you
I couldn't be
It's just that somehow
You're the only hope for me.

2 Comments:

  • I loved your poem! ^^
    Usually my poems are about someone who is really in love or really heartbroken.

    Love!

    By Blogger algelic, at 11:15 a.m.  

  • Thanks algelic. You are still a charmer.^^

    By Blogger Sapphirefly, at 6:30 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home