Wild Moon Swings

Monday, October 16, 2006

All I Want for Christmas

I know we haven't even had Halloween yet, so it's a little early to be making noise about Christmas yet. However! However, since the malls have decided that there's no reason to wait for Halloween to finish before putting out Christmas decorations - I have decided that there is no reason for me not to write my Christmas list. Then you will all discover how boring I truly am! Mwahahahaha!

1. A dishwasher

I want a full sized dishwasher, none of this countertop stuff. I want one that I can wheel into my kitchen from my dining room. I'm sick of doing my dishes in shifts and having to come back over and over again. I have to go back to reload the dishwasher, because I couldn't fit all the dishes from even one meal in at once. I have to go back to do the dishes in the sink, because you can't do both of them at the same time. Granted, I'll have the same problem if I get the dishwasher I want. I won't be able to do dishes in the sink (the BIG ones) at the same time as run the dishwasher, but if I have a full sized dishwasher then I can put ALL the dishes in at once. YES! This is my ULTIMATE CHRISTMAS WISH!

2. Hangers

This is 100% as lame as it sounds. I want the kind of clippy hangers that hold up pants. I also want to replace the utlra crappy wire hangers in my closets with plastic ones. I only have wire hangers because people keep leaving them in their old places before we move into them. GARBAGE! It's like that old Simpson's episode where Homer's next door neighbours are moving and they've left old newspapers, old medicine and wire hangers on the curb for the garbage men to pick up. Homer sees them and he's like, 'Must get this stuff into your house as quickly as possible'. The sad thing is that I didn't throw them away either. What's wrong with me? I'm using them!

3. A Treasure Chest

Call me weird, but I want a gigantic chest at the foot of my bed. I want it to have a lock on it too. Why? Because I want to hide things from my kids. Right now, I don't have kids that are getting into stuff like that, but I want to be a mom who has her secrets. I have things that I'm putting away for my kids now - not lots of stuff, but some things and I don't want my kids to know about their existance until I pull them out and give them to them. So, I want a treasure chest.

4. A Dressing Table

I have wanted one of these my whole life. I want a traditional place where I perch my daughter to do her hair every morning. Luckily, I don't need it yet, but someday I will and I really want one.

Those are all the things that I would like to have for Christmas. I'm not sure if I'm being greedy or what, because those are all relatively large ticket items - except for the hangers. Anyway, to counter my four fondest desires. I'm going to write a list of four things that I would be extremely miserable without.

1. My Driver's License

This may very well be my most prized possession. It was so hard for me to get it. I didn't get my license until I was 21, and even when I haven't been driving, I still make sure it is kept current and I take it out and look at it happily sometimes. I failed my driver's test twice before I got it.

2. My Car

I always remember to get the oil changed on time. I remember to fill it up with gas, and I know how the tires are doing. I named it 'Little Red' and I love it with a passion. I go vacuum it out and make sure the air freshener is fresh, because I love it so. But don't get the wrong idea. I am not a car snob. I have just taken the bus for so long that having the freedom to JUST GO is incredible to me. I don't care what she looks like as long as she runs reliably. I love that car!

3. My Laptop

I'm using it right now. I love how portible it is. I love how many features it has. I could make a disgustingly huge list about all the things I love about this computer, but the thing I love best of all about it is that it is the fifth computer given to me by a man who understands that I love to write. He breaks his neck for it to be as comfortable for me as possible.

4. My Washer and Dryer

I know that's two, but I always hated - absolutely hated - having to walk down flights and flights of stairs in order to do laundry. It's a relatively new thing that I have gotten in-suite laundry, and I never take it for granted for one second. It's fantastic.

Now my carma should be about equal. Cheers!

3 Comments:

  • I concur with the laptop part. That is what I am getting.

    By Blogger Borrego, at 2:14 p.m.  

  • I think I'm getting a laptop too. LOL unless something comes up.

    I also have many simple things like that, that I want for Christmas. I want my driver's license too. I like to have a hanger in my room to hang my coats instead of keeping them in the closet. I'd like a new bus pass... because mine is in bad shape. I'd LOVE to have more book shelves to keep my books. Now I have to pile them up because there's no room to put them! And I want a new jacket.

    I'm an easy person to please. :P

    By Blogger algelic, at 1:49 a.m.  

  • Yup - the laptop thing is sweet borrego, algelic.

    Actually - yeah, your christmas list looks pretty reasonable. I don't like it when people are grandiose.

    By Blogger Sapphirefly, at 11:50 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home