Wild Moon Swings

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Poem without a Title

This poem is from my book 'Vampire Kiss', chapter ten 'Den of Darkness'. There's no title. It is supposed to be written by Van. The goal was to write a poem that sounded like it was written by a man, besides the plot restrictions. Do you think I was successful? Here it is:

Midnight waves wake my senses - Confused

The water burns me to my eyes - Suffused

The dreams haunt my mind - Disintegration

I can’t battle my dreams - Formulation

The First Dream

I’m young while she’s beautiful – Bemused

Untouchable and irrevocably touched – Defused

The pool of blood I laid in at road’s end – Surprised

Death’s white fingers like love – Realized

The Second Dream

I’m angry while she’s patient – Placate

Provoked by her lover to knife’s point – Aggravate

Brown eyes triggered bloody red – Amused

Lose my body in the violent fray – Refused

The Third Dream

Like an injured monster lost in water - Rescue

Like a broken man waiting by the window – Withdrew

Still feigning while dreaming – Conventionalize

The morn will be bright after the hardest night – Cruel Lies

1 Comments:

  • This one isn't a song and does not remind me of Alan lyrics. This one has a structure and series-like quality that makes me think of Asian poetry I've read (it's not all haiku over there, eh).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:29 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home