Wild Moon Swings

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Slyther me this

It's probably pretty juvenile of me, but I like taking quizzes online when I'm bored. One of the most common is a Harry Potter sorting hat quiz. Which house are you in? I'm not going to refer you to one that I have taken because I don't think I have ever taken one that I thought was even remotely good. They start out with dumb questions like "Which of these best describes you? A) Brave B) Smart C) Cunning or D) Hardworking". It's like - doesn't that pretty much tell you which house you're going to be in by the end of the quiz? I mean - why bother? And who would admit to being hardworking if all it landed them was a seat in Hufflepuff (the lamest house of the four)?

But (like the loser I am), I was still sort of interested in which house I would have been sorted into. I didn't actively search for different quizzes for very long before I realized they were all quite similar and an equal waste of time. Now, a lot of time passed before I happened to be thinking about this subject again (it was probably years), but lately I was just sitting somewhere passing the time with my brain when it hit me - I would have been a Slytherin.

I am not especially brave. I'm scared of heights and so non-athletic in personality as well as in body that I clearly wouldn't been in Gryffindor. I'm not particularly fond of studying - farewell to Ravenclaw. And if I can see a way out of working my butt off, you'd better believe that I'm going to take it. It is practically the philosophy of my whole life to work smart instead of hard. But using your mouth to your best advantage, looking for shortcuts, compromise, and getting exactly what you want without slicing off your leg sounds like everything I want to be a part of.

Except that I don't qualify for anything like that right now - my brain is too slow just now for words. My illness has that effect. I mean - I don't seem to know the difference between a shallot, a scallop, and a scallion. I should practically be taken out back and shot for how brain dead I am, but when I'm better I'll be as wily as ever - I promise! Grrr!

5 Comments:

  • I always wanted to be a Gryfindor, so because the test were so obvious i was one. I should probably have been a hufflepuff

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:15 p.m.  

  • then again i have this feeling that the sorting hat is our own thoughts, therefore we get to be what we want to be or where we think we would belong, wither that or its the founders voices :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:17 p.m.  

  • <- definitely a Ravenclaw

    By Blogger jomiel, at 12:18 a.m.  

  • Yeah, I can see that about you Jomiel. By the way, all my bookmarks got lost and I've had a really heard time finding my way to your other blog. You're Esca blog didn't have a link to it. Can you give it to me again? Please.

    Hey jossi - you're probably right about our own thoughts, because Harry didn't want to be a Slytherin so he thought his way out of it.

    By Blogger Sapphirefly, at 11:19 a.m.  

  • Hmmmm I used to know everything about the Harry Potter books (I was even a teacher on a IRC channel), but then I got so busy with school that I forgot about it.

    But back then, I thought of myself as a Hufflepuff.

    By Blogger algelic, at 12:02 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home