Wild Moon Swings

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The Meloncholy of Suzumiya Haruhi

I know someone else has probably already written a post about 'The Meloncholy of Suzumiya Haruhi' and that's great. I saw this 13 episode anime some time ago, but recently I was looking for the manga and saw that it wasn't based on a manga, but a series of light novels.

HA!

The anime series is based on the novels so closely that reading is almost a waste of time, but I say almost. A lot of things are described in more detail and there is a lot of material that isn't covered in the anime. I heard a rumour that they were thinking of coming out with a second season. If that's true, then they have plenty of material.

If you want to hear a synopsis of the plot, then you can do a google search - I'm feeling too sick to write anything unnecessary.

I just wanted to throw my little two cents into the air and say that I love Nagato. I think she is really hilarious. I've highlighted by favourite part with the pic. This is when they are making the movie and she's supposed to keep the cat Shamison on her shoulder but he keeps slipping off, so she has to keep adjusting him. It's so funny! Why is he behaving so well?

HA!

2 Comments:

  • At first, I thought the anime you were talking about was an old one (okay, a few years old), but when I researched... it turned out to be recent. The fans say that it was 2006's best anime... and next is Ouran High School Host Club.

    Hey, did you hear about the new anime coming out soon? "Romeo x Juliet". I've made a post about it. ^^

    By Blogger algelic, at 2:28 p.m.  

  • I loved this anime. Every episode was done as an irony of each part of the anime genre. The best episode to me was the detective arc, because I used to read so many Japanese mystery novels and detective manga.

    By Blogger jomiel, at 6:14 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home