Wild Moon Swings

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The Ultimate Gift Basket

Honestly, I haven't had a lot of inspiration lately, so when I look at my past couple posts, they look pretty dry to me, but I've had a few people (who seldom or never comment) tell me that they miss my blog and want me to update. Welp - I'm still sick (for those that are keeping tabs on me) so for everyone's edification and delight, I am going to write what I would like in a gift basket in case they feel badly enough about my condition to want to coddle me! ... actually, this is a hypothetical gift basket and it would probably cost more than I would actually want anyone to spend on me ... so this is just for fun.

-Teriaki Beef Jerky - Mmmmm! No odors and the valuable protein I need.

-Barq's Cream Soda - I've drunk enough ginger ale to drown a whale ... I'm not even joking. I need a change.

-Ice Cream Bars - These can be creamcicles or popcicles even, just so long as there's no chocolate.

-Dill Pickle Potato Chips - No explanation needed.

-A Mini Watermelon - This isn't for me so much as it is for the watermelon girl I'm raising.

-Crackers - Just normal, extra cheap, salted crackers.

-An Apple Pie - Mmmmm! Mushy apples cooked with a pastry shell. Does it get any sweeter than that?

Okay, it appears that I'm not as greedy as I was imagining I was when I started writing this list, but I would also like to point out that I want to go out for spring rolls and fish sauce, but I'm not well enough to go into a sit-down restaurant yet. Nor am I pretty enough to be seen in public. I'm not especially vain, but if I went out looking the way I do now ... I look like a frump girl. I am wearing my glasses, have chapped ikky lips, my eyelids have an extra crease in them lately, none of my clothes fit me anymore. I can't fit into my pants (or my husband's pants) and even if I could, I hardly have the energy to walk from my front door to the car! The only thing that doesn't seem to be suffering is my tongue. I'm exhausted, but I can still talk the hind legs off a rhino. Why is that? Shouldn't I be quiet and sleepy?

Oh! And I want a lacky.

7 Comments:

  • You're so easy to please!

    To me I'd like a box of Ferrero Rocher chocolates, a big watermelon, a couple of egg cream tarts... and maybe a few Pringles. But I guess that's not a good thing to give when you're sick. LOL can't eat.

    As always... I wish you the best! Get well!

    By Blogger algelic, at 4:40 p.m.  

  • It seems you've been sick since the holidays. The funny thing about your list is that none of the items are particularly sendable D: Are shrimp rolls and fish sauce not available for take-out?

    Get well, and take some time for yourself.

    By Blogger jomiel, at 6:43 p.m.  

  • Yeah, I know I've been sick since the holidays. I'm a little better now that it's March, but I'm still not sitting at the top of my game. Seriously, nothing but serious illness could stop me from writing ... yet that stops me from writing fairly frequently. So, I've been sitting at home watching Taiwanese dramas. That's not too bad, right?

    By Blogger Sapphirefly, at 8:12 p.m.  

  • Taiwanese dramas? I don't believe I have seen those, but I would like too, I personally love japanese game shows, but that is a whole different thing all together.
    Anyway, I am sending you this message, so I hope that contributes a little to your felling better, because that is all I can do, your profile doesn't even say what continent you are in, though I think I know where you are.

    By Blogger Borrego, at 12:56 p.m.  

  • The only Taiwanese dramas that I've watched so far were "Smiling Pasta" and "Silence". The first one was way too ridiculous... and the second one was good.

    Have you watched the Korean "Love Letter"? It's very good. ^^

    I'm am currently watching: "Love Revolution". Short but fun.

    Take care! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:24 p.m.  

  • Hey borrego,

    So, you think you know where I'm from, huh? Well, you're probably right. I can't help brimming over with pride at NOT being an American. Most everyone (except algelic) that I have met online are Americans. But I have been wretchedly sick for months, and I won't recover for months still, so your well wishes are well received. Thanks!

    Hey algelic,

    The Taiwanese drama I was watching was 'Silence'. I just finished it a couple days ago. I woke up in the middle of the night crying the night after I watched the last episode. My heart was just breaking about all those times Wei was doubled over in pain and he was all alone. It's really tough to be alone when you're messed up.

    I have seen stuff advertising 'Love Letter', but I haven't been very interested in the synopsis. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

    Loads of Love,
    Sapphirefly

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:45 a.m.  

  • Sis, could you watch the Jdrama "One Litre of Tears" and tell me your opinion of it? ^^
    I watched it and was very moved by it. So beautiful.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:34 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home