Wild Moon Swings

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Early Morning

If you have been reading my blog regularly, you may remember a post I wrote sometime ago about my 'security item' ... an empty ice cream bucket. This is because whenever my body freaks out - I just throw up. I don't know how throwing up became my coping mechanism, but somehow it did. I have had the flu the past couple days, though I think I'm on the upswing, I still feel like garbage and my head isn't 100% clear. I was trying to work on my storyboard for 'Scorpion's Reach' when I realized that I wasn't well. I couldn't wrap my mind around my own concepts - usually a sign of illness. Then my back started to hurt and a little after that I started to throw up, because that's what I do in any given situation - unless I can kick something's ass. Anyway, this morning I ran post haste into the bathroom. Luckily, this time I didn't have to throw up, but my little daughter (who barely walks) ran immediately after me into the bathroom with an empty ice cream bucket. I was so charmed by her; I can hardly describe. With that said, a long time ago I dedicated this song to her.

Early Morning by A-ha

Early morning
Eight o'clock precise
I see the lonely August sun arise

Say you know
You will
Move me like you do

Out on the fields...
I'm waiting the whole night through
Early morning, early morning, yeah

Ran the whole way
Down to the tracks
Through the doorway, then a last look back

Say you know
You will
Save me like you do

Out on the fields...
I've waited the whole night through
Early morning, early morning, yeah

I climbed all the stairways
To find the rooftop clear
Got the shotgun lying with me here
Say you know
You will
Move me like you do

Out on the fields...
You know how it feels, yeah
Early morning, early morning, yeah

Early morning
Eight o'clock precise

Unless you're me, you probably won't understand why I picked such a song for an infant. Also I have to say that the best part of this song is the music and not necessarily the lyrics, though the lyrics have a charm of their own. This song is definitely for her.

4 Comments:

  • Ohhhh that's so sweet. ^^ your daughter really knows you.

    That situation reminded me of my friends. Everytime I finish a test that I really really bad, and think I'm gonna be sick (I take this really seriously), a friend of mine will tell me "Lets go get some chocolate" because they know it's the only way I'll feel better. Only people who really know me know that.

    When I get my computer I'll download that song.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:03 a.m.  

  • Ah algelic,

    You're sweet. Thanks for reading and feeling the cuteness of my little one. I think she's really special too. Very friendly.

    If you get the song, let me know. It's older and it wasn't a single, but it's very good - mellow.

    Cheers!

    By Blogger Sapphirefly, at 8:21 a.m.  

  • Oh I forgot to say something on my comment.

    I'm ao sorry for you being sick and all. I wish you the best and hope you get better soon. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:48 a.m.  

  • Oh I forgot to say something on my comment.

    I'm ao sorry for you being sick and all. I wish you the best and hope you get better soon. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:48 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home