Wild Moon Swings

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Great! I'm alone with my brain!

Okay, so I've been trying to do some things to clear my mind and fill me with some much needed inspiration. So, since I'm still in the depression phase, I can still rent movies. So, I went to the video store and rented 'Memoirs of a Geisha' and 'House of Flying Daggers'. Yeah, I know.

'Memoirs of a Geisha' was much cleaner than I expected it to be, so that was a nice surprise for me. Other than that, it seemed like it was close to three hours long, and for what? The most interesting character was Hatsumomo, and so once she was gone and it was clear that she wasn't coming back, I was really tempted to turn it off, because there was no other character who was interesting enough to watch for. It was just ... empty for me. A story perhaps a lot more like real life than fiction because Chiyo achieved her goal, but it seemed like an hollow victory to me, like so many other things in real life. So, this wasn't inspiring.

Also, I have discovered over the years that I miss a lot of dialogue when I watch something in English. I find it pretty frustrating because when I watch something in Japanese with English subtitles, then I read every single line and never miss a word. When I was watching this, I was hardly catching any of the dialogue, so I started watching it with the subtitles on. How pathetic!

'House of Flying Daggers' was not what I expected at all, but it was definitely the superior of the two films. However, I won't be watching it a second time. The best part was the squirrel he tied to his sword. I'll always remember how cute I thought that was.

After that I ended up playing 'Soul Caliber' on the PS2 without any regard for my poor typing injured thumbs. I worked off a great deal of steam. When I knew I'd gotten about as much satisfaction as was possible, I quit and tried to decide if life was made of chocolate, oatmeal, or mud. Well, whichever one it is - it definitely has a bug in it.

Yeah, my inspiration is not returning to me as quickly as I'd like and today is the last day before I have to move my can again. I hate moving my can ... it's so heavy.

3 Comments:

  • Ohhhh that's terrible! =\ I wish I could help you!

    Is there anything I can do for you? Just leave me a message on my blog. Your onee-chan is here for you! ;) love

    By Blogger algelic, at 6:49 a.m.  

  • I hope you'll get through whatever you're going through. I wish I could help but since I can't I'll just wish you all the best. Yup... reality sucks. Wouldn't it be great to just block out everything and live solely on your writing? =)

    I am also not updating until sometime next week. Maybe next Sunday. You see, I have exams until Friday (Noooo!) so there is no time to concentrate on writing.

    I'm sure your fans will be sad about not getting their next chapter (you've spoiled them! now they're used to a little treat every week, you wonderful authoress) but I'm sure they'll understand. (of course... I am one of your fans... I just haven't had time to read or review anything in a while... but I PROMISE that as soon as I finish exams I'll do that!)

    Anyways, best of luck to you (and your family). :)

    By Blogger algelic, at 2:16 p.m.  

  • Thanks little sis!

    Yep, I've been working my butt off for the past two days that I'm wearing down my eraser.

    Good luck to you too!

    By Blogger Sapphirefly, at 6:31 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home