Wild Moon Swings

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Gaming it up!

Normally, I don't play video games, but there are some nights when I MUST. So, I thought I'd write a quick list of my personal favourites. Some of these are older, so please bear with me.

I like turn-based rpgs for the most part, so that's what these are. Also, I don't have a lot of time on my hands, so this isn't going to be a long list.

  1. Magna Carta - The Tears of Blood: This is the last one I got to play, so I've got a pic of Calintz for the pic. I really enjoyed it, and not all of the voice actors sucked, which makes this game a real find.
  2. Final Fantasy IX: This one was my favourite Final Fantasy. Why? Cause I love almost all of the characters.
  3. Xenosaga: I liked the first Xenosaga better than the second one. I think that's cause it seemed a little darker to me. The second one seemed sorta sissy in comparison, but maybe that's just because of Momo's mummy ... maybe.
  4. Final Fantasy VII: How could I not pay homage to this gem? I could get linched for saying this, but the thing that I don't like about this game is the love triangle and how everyone took Aries dying so hard. I totally didn't care - I like Tifa better anyway.
  5. Legend of Mana: This is an ancient PSOne game, but I love it. You get pets, write in your journal, chase penguins around, charm wisps, and it never has to be the same game twice. It's a silly little game, but I love it. It's so cute - it totally warms my heart.
Okay, so that's my top five. I have played more than this, but I usually pawn them A.S.A.P. if I'm not 100% in love, because I want to get the new game and if I pawn an old one I don't feel so bad forking out $60 for one. I don't have a copy of the last one though, so if you do and you want to sell it - please contact me. I'm an interested buyer!! Cheers!

5 Comments:

  • I remember playing games in my uncle's Play Station and Sega Saturn (or something). I always liked games where you could control stuff. I don't remember almost any of them... at least their names. I like the ones about the feudal age or something equal.

    The only ones I remember are much recent, where I played on the computer. I used to like "The Sims" (but then got really tired really fast) and Age of Empires.

    In the non-computer games I remember I played a lot of those games where you were a warrior or somethin and you had to go catch a magic stone at the end of the game... or something. LOL

    Oh great times spent in front of the TV playing them! :D

    By Blogger algelic, at 2:09 a.m.  

  • Nuts! I thought you were going to say that you had a copy of Legend of Mana for me to buy. Shucks!

    Yeah, that's how I grew up - watching my older brothers beat Mega Man or FFI. Great times. That's how I learned to apreciate synth-pop.

    By Blogger Sapphirefly, at 9:04 a.m.  

  • Sorry to dissapoint you... it's not about having a copy of a game. LOL

    I wanted to ask you something about vocabulary. I've finished writing my 4th chapter (well, it's more like: I wrote, then erased, then wrote, then erased, etc... until I was fully satisfyed). Instead of the usual 6 handwritten pages it will be 8 (yes!) and there's lots of action so I'm happy. And there's Van... so I'm even happier.

    My questions:
    - What's it called that part of the bed where you lean into (LOL I suck at descriptions). That wood/steel part where you lean your back or somethin like that.

    - What do you call the outfits that the nurses wear in the hospitals?

    Now all I have to do is type the story into the computer and that's it. (The first time I wrote the chapter I wrote it in the computer but then I thought it sucked so I re-started and handwrote it... it's a good training anyway, because next week I'll have to write REALLY fast on my exams)

    By Blogger algelic, at 7:34 a.m.  

  • Algelic:

    1. Headboard?
    2. Do nurses still wear those uniforms? I guess it's called uniform.


    Sapphirefly:

    Have you played ffx? The romantic cutscene was great, and I'm so in love with ponds after that.

    Let me think what other rpgs I've played... I lost interest in Kingdom Hearts after the first two chapters. Paper Mario was fun.

    Did you know there's an Escaflowne rpg in Japan? I've found a website that had all the cutscenes on it, except it looks like it's pretty crappy, haha.

    By Blogger jomiel, at 8:57 a.m.  

  • Yep! I've played FFX and FFX-2, but I felt like FFX-2 was like a slumber party or something. I've played most of the Final Fantasies. They're my favourite!! However, I couldn't stand the guy who does Tidus' voice in FFX. He totally ruined it for me. *cry*

    I have a great story about how I beat Final Fantasy VII, so here it is. I didn't switch parties in the end fight like you can if you want to - instead I just fought hard with Cloud, Tifa and Vincent. So, I'd been hammering at Sephiroth for awhile (I'd died like 20 times, even after I left the cave to beef up), so Tifa was dead, and Vincent was dead and Cloud had 274 HP and was a frog. So I used my one last chance to turn Cloud into a real boy ~_^ and then I limit broke with him. I thought I was dead the next turn for sure because I didn't use the turn to heal or rev anyone. And I WON! It was my greatest triumph, because it was the first video game I'd ever beat. So nostalgic!

    Yeah algelic - it's a headboard.

    I played Kingdom Hearts. I'm almost at the end too, but it's real time and my hands can't really take it, so I've never got to finish it. I haven't pawned it yet. Heck, I might keep it.

    By Blogger Sapphirefly, at 9:16 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home