Wild Moon Swings

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Me vs. Kenshin

Okay, this is my last Kenshin post ... maybe ... probably ... not. I make no promises. So, I said before that I only had volumes 1-10, right? So, I got my hands on the last 18 volumes and I friggin' wasn't myself until I finished the whole dang thing.

One time I read that the final plot arch in Kenshin (the revenge plot arch) was glorious. Indeed, it was. Indeed.

No seriously - I enjoyed it so much. I laughed. I literally cried at one spot, but I couldn't put the thing down. It was so amazing.

For one thing, I liked Yahiko so much better in the manga. When I was watching the anime I felt like he was just a side character to stop the anime from being 100% about Kenshin. I really loved Yahiko in the manga - he was so cool. I also like Sano a lot better in the manga too. Also, Tomoe was drawn so pretty in the manga. She was soooooo pretty. I'm a Tomoe fan.

And best of all - all that pathetic crap that happened in the anime after episode 52 didn't happen. YES! And another best of all - the crap that happened in the second OVA didn't happen either. Which means that: Kenshin manga = friggin' incredible read! If I could write like that! Kenshin bowing down in front of Enishi and saying he could kill him if he wanted to ... my ass!

Also I think I have to point out that the sound track for the Kenshin anime is terrible. I thought anime sound tracks were supposed to be one of the most important parts.

Anyway, I had been thinking about writing an AU Kenshin fic about him being a photographer in a war zone. I still think something like that could be fun, but I have some unkept promises to keep before I can do whatever I want. Also, I have to spend some more time in the Kenshin corner on ff.net to perfect my marketing strategy (I know that probably sounds like cheating, but I would always prefer to write something not 100% obvious). But, even just reading Kenshin totally got me jazzed to write the fight scenes in 'Mark of a Goddess'.

Oh! I am SOOO in the mood to write something that just ... KICKS!

4 Comments:

  • I definitely have to get my hands on some manga. After reading your posts I feel very heartbroken for living in such a (sucky) country!

    I feel like different stuff... it's like I have on my mind about 10 beginings for 10 fanfics. Someimes it occurs to me some really cool action scenes (or something) and I keep thinking how I can fit them into my fanfic.

    Tonight I'll have my new chapter on the website (hopefully), unless the gods are against me.

    Oh, and I forgot to say something: I have seen some of my friends play Final Fantasy and I loved the dolls there (dolls? characters? whatever...). Especially the guys. :)

    By Blogger algelic, at 9:48 a.m.  

  • (I just needed to say that my last post had MANY typos due to my fingers being numb from so much typing) I've updated my blog too. More bashing!

    By Blogger algelic, at 9:49 a.m.  

  • I loved Kenshin revenge arc--Tomoe's plum flower smell vs. blood smell, the way Kenshin would flick his sword open if the guys tease him, and Tomoe vs. Kaoru images.

    OAV2 is crappy because after book28, Kenshin would never leave Kaoru. He already finished the ultimate atonement when he broke the chains; he can finally live a normal life.

    By Blogger jomiel, at 5:46 p.m.  

  • i feel so deprived. i've never read the manga. i'm really missing a lot, ne? but i've seen the OAV's and watched the entire series so many times..

    and the sound track isn't totally horrible; there is a cute song in the series. it's gonna rain is the title, i think. eheh. =)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:41 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home