Wild Moon Swings

Friday, June 23, 2006

Marshmallows are Aphrodisiacs?

Okay, so this is a post about dating and marshmallows. I was online looking up easy date ideas and I was shocked and TOTALLY ASTOUNDED at how many of these ideas involved marshmallows. I don't even really like marshmallows, so I was a little shocked that so many people had them on the brain. So, here's a short list of the BEST date ideas I've had and other people have had to do with dating a marshmallow ... I mean taking your date out on your marshmallow allowance ... I mean, not spending all your money on marshmallows ... never mind. I think you guys get the idea. I was originally going to write a book called '101 ways to use marshmallows in ACTUAL dating situations', but that seemed a little grandiose, so instead I'm just going to write a blog about it.

1. Make S'Mores

Chocolate + melted marshmallows + graham crackers = PURE GENIUS! This was the most popular idea by far. I've never done it though. However, just as a tip, use an Arrow chocolate bar for the chocolate - the bubbles will make it better^_^!

2. Campfire Marshmallows

The thing that's nice about this is that you have to GO somewhere to do this one. You have to go to a park and find a grate or something to start a fire in. So the real treat is the going out part. Then you can snuggle under blankets.

3. Poker

I used to do this at slumber parties all the time. You use marshmallows for your poker chips. It's pretty fun.

4. Making Rice Crispy Squares

You can use marshmallows to make like 100 different square recipes, and even though guys don't admit it - they like it when chicks make things like this. They think they taste good and lots of people have really good memories associated with rice crispy squares. And And And ... the recipe is so simple that even if you don't cook - you can't possibly screw this up. They're easier to make than jello.

5. Candlelight Marshmallows

Got a big candle with more than one wick in it? Then you've got almost everything you need. Two people can roast marshmellows over a three wick candle - easily. I know because I do this. Fire is romantic, and you don't have to go out into the wilderness to do this. Really good for winter.

6. The Date Invitation

You can always put together a little gift bag full of marshmellows with a cutsy little label inviting someone out on a date. Even though it's not necessarily my personality - I'm always making cutsy things inviting people out to events. So, I've always got this purpose on the brain, whenever I'm doing anything. Plus, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. I know that's an old saying (my dentures are falling out as I'm speaking), but I guarentee that if you took something for your crush to eat every time you went to go see him ... eventually, he'd probably fall in love with you, even if you didn't flirt with him or give him any indication that you liked him other than that you brought him food. Before you knew it, you'd have a confessing boy on your hands.

7. Drinking Games

I don't drink, nor do I think anyone should drink, but I think you could probably play any number of drinking games making someone eat a marshmallow instead of taking a drink. I'm usually sick by the third large marshmallow, so I'd think this was hilarious, but that's just me.

8. Hot Chocolate

Even though this is obvious ... I have to list it because it's so obvious. I'm biting on my tongue as I write this. It's so BORING! Not only that, but cocoa is so much better with whipped cream rather than marshmallows.

Okay, that's it. See? I never could have got to 101. No way. I probably would have been going too far if I'd tried to stretch the list to 10.

2 Comments:

  • LOL that's original!

    Hmmm I know what marshmallows are... but I've never actually seen or tasted one before. They don't EXIST in my contry. LOL (mental note: add this piece of evidence to my list of why my contry sucks)

    You hadn't posted in a while! I kinda missed it! ;)

    By Blogger algelic, at 11:01 a.m.  

  • Yeah, I know I hadn't posted. I'm sorry. I'm sort of in the middle of a bitter personal situation right now. And to add a little cyber icing to the cake - ff.net isn't letting me submit new documents for an unknown reason. I'm really hurt. T_T

    By Blogger Sapphirefly, at 11:15 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home