Wild Moon Swings

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Anime I Watch

A long time ago, algelic asked me to do a post about the kind of anime I was watching. Well, this has been a long time coming, but here we go.

My ultimate pick is "Boccano!" This is about immortal gangsters - which is something I definitely want to be a part of. The plot is all over the place. It took me episodes to unravel it, but once it was unraveled - it was awesome.

Right now I'm watching "Bamboo Blade", "Rental Magica", and "Night Wizard". "Bamboo Blade" is my top pick. I love anime and manga about kendo. Yesterday I was even reading about the proper way to hold a shinai. The other two are all right. Not brilliant, but all right. Worth watching.

Hmm - let's make a list of good anime (by order of excellence):

1. Twelve Kingdoms
2. A Vision of Escaflowne
3. Full Metal Alchemist
4. Slayers
5. Boccano!
6. Rurouni Kenshin
7. Neon Genesis Evangelion
8. Full Moon wo Sagashite
9. School Rumble
10. Black Cat
11. Scrapped Princess
12. Fantastic Children (sounds lame, but it's actually kind of creepy)
13. D.N.Angel
14. Crest of the Stars
15. Cowboy Bebop
16. Read or Die
17. Moon Phase
18. Air
19. Mai Hime
20. Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne

5 Comments:

  • As for tastes... we agree on #2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 13 and 18.

    I haven't watched many of the other titles though.

    Maybe you'd like Touka Gettan. It's kinda recent.

    I'm happy you finally wrote this! :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:40 a.m.  

  • I watched Fushugi Yuugi on your suggestion. I thought a lot of things about it. Holy - girl anime! I am madly in love with the guy who does Tomohome's voice, but that's only because he's also Zelgadis and I love Zelgadis. But I watched the whole thing. I couldn't believe the death count by the end. HOLY!

    By Blogger Stephanie Van Orman, at 10:43 a.m.  

  • Ahah! It feels like I watched that so long ago. Yeah, the death count was impressive.
    After that I think I watched "Ayashi no Ceres", by the same author. The story is much more moving and less harem. Plus, it's just 26 episodes.

    I recommend you next:

    - "Kagen no Tsuki" (Last Quarter of the Moon) manga. The live-action movie is impressive too. I loved this. It's "short" (3 volumes) but tells a great story.

    - Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo (The Girl who Leapt Through Time) movie. Amazing! I can't stop praising it!

    I started making a "list" of what I've watched. Though I'm sure there's a lot of stuff missing.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/algelic&order=4&status=7&tag=

    Please tell me your opinion later, regarding my recommendations. :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:54 p.m.  

  • PS: The "Kagen no Tsuki" live-action movie is hard to find online. I had to watch it through YouTube (the user DeathNoteYukie uploaded it).

    I recommend watching the movie first. Because the manga is a bit confusing. If you watch the movie, then the manga makes more sense.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:14 p.m.  

  • I just wish they hadn't discontinued the Twelve Kingdoms anime - it was wonderful. I have yet to read the manga.

    I wonder if you've seen Wolf's Rain? It's only 30 episodes, but it's a good story, very melancholy, with a superb soundtrack.

    By Blogger thejoshgray, at 7:28 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home