Wild Moon Swings

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Black Mask

Well, here's a poetry post. I'm sorta having some problems with my latest piece of writing, so I've been taking a bit of a break writing a little poetry. Poetry is not exactly my favourite thing, but I thought it was the perfect medium for my latest creation. For my entertainment and for the stimulation of the pudding like substance that is my brain, I give you:

Black Mask

By Sapphirefly


There’s a city set against a setting sun

The outline of the skyscrapers fades as the city lights flick on

As the sun sinks behind the buildings

I wake up


I’m not a night creature by nature

It’s just my favourite pleasure to use the night as my sparring ground

Although I’m not your enemy tonight

I’ll meet you


I wear a black mask over my eyes

It’s added adventure for me to keep my face a secret until the last second

I haven’t met you formally

So I’ll wait


You’re the sort of woman I’ve seen

Hang upside down in your loft just to let the blood rush to your head

Pop pink bubblegum at strangers

You tease me


Maybe it’s your playful eyes

Or the way you walk when you know everyone is watching you

It’s your style that draws me to you
You’re too good


I’m the kind of guy you follow

Because I caught your arm when you tripped coming out of the tunnels

You saw my black mask and couldn’t resist

Our eyes met


Chasing me all the way to the pit

It’s smoky and the air is filled with something to let you know it was a mistake

Coming here and watching me fight

You were interested


Your eyes were wide as you warned me

You didn’t think I stood a chance against the giant guy who stood opposite me

I was too slender, my hands too white

I’ll show you


His blood splattered into the third row

But that was only the beginning for me since I’m not even warm yet

You don’t know how tough I am

You’ll see it


By the fourth brawl I’m ready to go

I thought you would have run home or passed out on the floor by now

But you relaxed and you cheered for me

I heard you


I’ve got a cut above my eyebrow

I ignore the sting and the pain in my jaw and asked you if I could take you home

Still, I wear the black mask

It’s my name


My wet hair falls over the material

You’re exceptionally conversational as we leave and head out the back doors

I was wrong about you

You had fun


I think only that you’re beautiful

And how I want to blow your mind apart with the exact colour of my eyes

I haven’t decided that path yet

Will you wait?


I’ll watch you tonight

You’re the type of woman who eats ice cream directly from the tub

Who sits on the countertop and talks about me

And how I kissed you

4 Comments:

  • Hey! Very nice poetry! :) And from a guy's point of view! I usually don't write anything in the guy's POV. I guess I feel very inspired to express a woman's feelings.

    Problems with your latest piece of writing? Mark of a Goddess? If you want to I can help you out or something.

    I now have a blog (makemyowndestiny). I used to have a photoblog but then ran out of space. It was pretty cool there. Now I just thought of having a blog with my thoughts (especially since lately I haven't felt very inspired to take photos. when I had my photoblog I used to take lots of amazing photos). Go and take a look you you'd like. ;)

    By Blogger algelic, at 3:41 p.m.  

  • Yep, you might not know it from DM and MW, but I usually write from a guy's perspective. I really like trying to figure out what they think, and how they think and basic stuff like that.

    My writing problem was with a single paragraph in MW. I thought I was done with it, but I decided to go over Heart of The Dragon one more time to make sure it was perfect, and then I proceeded to bang my head against the wall about it until one of my buddies came and saved me. Thanks for the offer to help, and I'll definitely hunt you up if things get out of control, but I got the paragraph right today! YAY!

    I just have to say that the pic you chose for your avatar is incredible - wow!

    By Blogger Sapphirefly, at 6:40 p.m.  

  • I thought the poem was very imaginative. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:31 p.m.  

  • Thanks!!

    By Blogger Sapphirefly, at 6:17 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home