Wild Moon Swings

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Five Flames

I know that I am not supposed to write things here that are needlessly negative, but I am having a Calvin and Hobbes moment where I want to be bratty Calvin and write a list of things that really tick me off. Once I write them here, I know my brain will have that much more room in it for other things. So, this is sort of like emptying the trash, or at least I am going to pretend that it is.

Number One - Fish Fins

There is nothing that ticks me off and drives me crazier than getting fish fins stuck in my skin like slivers. I'm not grossed out by getting slivers when they're wood, but for some reason when it's part of a wet dead animal that I'm trying to prepare as food and I'm oddly terrified of the stupid creature on my cutting board - it's enough to send me running to the bathroom for the tweezers and not caring in the least if whatever is in the frying pan burns. I hate it! I hate it! I hate it! My country isn't land locked by any means, but MAN ALIVE! The number of times I've had to deal with dead swimmy animals isn't many and I find the situation so nerve wracking that .... ARGH!

Number Two - Van's Return

So, I released the chapter of Mystic Wings when Van comes back and ... fanfiction.net's review function was down. I was hoping to break records with that chapter, and now the opportunity is gone and it'll never come back. That chapter was SO important. I guess I'm not as pissed off as I am grossly disappointed. Grossly!

Number Three - Being a Woman

Sometimes, I'm cool with the fact that men are built to be absolute work machines while women are not. Well, I'm really not built like that and I'm getting so tired of my body breaking down on me because I'm a woman. I used to think that I was indestructable, but lately I'm thinking that I'll be lucky to see 25. One time, I read a biography of someone written in the late 1800's and they said in a letter that they'd be lucky to see 40. I'll bet his wife thought she would be lucky to reach 30. No wonder women in the old days thought that they needed to have a man look after them - they would!

Number Four - My Latest Project

I started working on one of my more interesting and personally important writing projects and ... I am so unbelieveably tanked about how it's going. I have a whole novel planned out, but I can't figure out how to start it to save my life. I've now written the opening paragraphs three times and I'm still not satisfied. Remember in that ancient movie Throw Mama from the Train, Billy Crystal is trying to figure out how to start his novel and after hours and hours of agony, the only thing he can come up with was, "It was a dark and stormy night"? Yeah, it's like that. If I don't get a better idea soon, I'm gonna have to go work on Mark of a Goddess and I really don't feel like doing that right now.

Number Five - My Apartment

Lately, I've got the bug in my head that I want to move. It's like when you get the idea that you have to cut your hair and you can't relax until you get it done. Yeah, it's exactly like that. My apartment is really small and living in it is sort of a pain in the butt, so I want to move to a place that suits me better, but I can't do anything right away. I found where I want to live, but I have to be on a waiting list, so I'll have to live in my tiny apartment for an unknown amount of time. But even if I do get to move, I'll be moving to a place that has two more floors than what I've got now. I won't have near enough furnature to coming close to filling it. So, will I have to buy more? And if I do, will I end up eventually having to move to a smaller place and then having to give up all this stuff I've accumulated. I friggin hate stuff. But having an empty living area doesn't suit me either.

Life is so inconvenient.

2 Comments:

  • Life really is complicated... with SO many irritating things!

    If I keep getting this annoyed... I think my hair will turn all white before I'm 30!

    So many things irritate me right now... my mom, my hair (that was completely ruined when I went to the hair stylist), my exams, my teachers, my colleagues, my FREAKIN internet connection (it takes about 10 minutes to open a website -_-), everythingggg!

    I'm sorry for you. =\ I'm glad I'm still a teenager and I don't have to worry yet about more serious stuff! But it won't be for long... lol

    I read in your blog that you were watching Inuyasha, so I decided to take a look (which took me FOREVER because of my internet connection). I'm thinking how am I going to see the episodes: I can't download them because my internet breaks down about every 20 minutes so I'm always being kicked out of the «waiting line» for downloading in E-mule AND I tried watching it through youtube.com (I LOVE THAT WEBSITE) butttt this stupid connection won't allow me to see it! DAMMIT!

    Anyways... I've seen the 1st episode (took me about a week to do that) and then I discovered that there were 167 episodes and 4 movies ( -_- loooong way to go). I liked it. Of course I started reading in websites what will happen next... and became an instant supporter of the Inuyasha-Kagome romance! I also liked the action scenes!

    And here's a thought: compairing Escaflowne to Inuyasha! I started realizing that Hitomi (which I used to love in Escaflowne) is just a crybaby! She never does any fighting, complains all the time, doesn't try to adapt to the new world she's been sent to AND takes forever to realize who she loves! Kagome, on the other hand, I think is a much stronger character!

    This has been a very large comment, I'm sorry! LOL I couldn't keep myself!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:42 p.m.  

  • Your comparison of Hitomi and Kagome was extremely interesting and I think it might take more than one post for me to explain everything that I think on this subject. I think a lot things.

    For one thing, when Hitomi arrived - the first thing that happened was that Fanelia was destroyed - that has to impact a person - make them more afraid. In contrast, Kagome hangs out with Inuyasha - who really seems indestructable, so it's no wonder she gets cocky.

    I think Hitomi is a more realistic character. Some of the stuff Kagome tries to do is wild - I go - I would never even think to do that. Whereas Hitomi is a character that makes sense to me. Also these girls are 14 and 15. Compared to how 'together' I am now, when I was 14 and 15 - I HAD NO BRAIN. It's no wonder that Hitomi takes forever to figure out who she really likes. Besides, I'm also a staunch believer that a person is probably compatable with several hundred thousand people on the planet - not just one.

    Kagome is more fun than Hitomi though. Ever seen Twelve Kingdoms? That's a million times better than Inuyasha - same principle - WAY BETTER!

    By Blogger Sapphirefly, at 9:29 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home