Wild Moon Swings

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The Other Half of the Top Ten

Hiya everyone! So, I've already done my anime top five. Well, I'm doing this post on anime's six through ten. Just for kicks and giggles. Once again, probably pretty boring to those who are not anime buffs. And again these are in alphabetical order as my mood seems to dictate what my favourites are.

Fantastic Children

This anime does not seem to be very popular. I can't even find it on animeNfo's top 200, which probably means that it's just not there. Well, it wasn't a very beautiful, as in the drawings were not very pretty. That's not what was good about it. It thought it had a great plot. Actually the plot thrilled me to my finger tips.

It's about six scientists from Olympas (I guess that's the name of their planet). They sent the soul of the kingdom's princess to earth to save her, but the king is furious and insists that they MUST get her back, so they go to earth by putting their own souls into earth's flow. So, they are born and die on earth while searching for the princess. The only thing is that they only have 11 years in which to look each time they are born. If they wait longer than that they'll forget who they really are and be lost in earth's flow. So, all six of them have to commit suicide every 11 years as they search for their missing princess. It's pretty intense.

Neon Genesis Evangelion

This was the first anime series I saw from beginning to end. Due to it's popularity, all 26 episodes were easier to get ahold of than the other series' I'd tried to watch. It's also the only series I've watched in English. I got the idea that watching in Japanese was much more fullfilling right away.

It's a mech one with lots of fighting and a plot so deep and complex that I don't really even want to touch upon it. But it's good, trust me, but I seriously recommend that this is NOT for children.

Rurouni Kenshin

Kenshin is one of the most popular animes of ALL TIME. It has a following like Highlander, or something like that. It has a 95 episode series, two OVAs, and a movie. The first OVA is the gem though, and has had the No. 1 spot on animeNfo for a really long time. It's only been bumped lately by a tie. It's about a swordsman during the Meiji Era who was supposively the master assassin for Choshu. I might have my spelling a little funny (again, way too lazy to look it up).

And there does seem to be something about Kenshin that makes you want to follow him around just to see what he'll do. Anyway, he's one of those characters who is obviously 'THE MAN'.

School Rumble

This one is obviously a parody on the traditional Japanese High School anime. It's so fun! And it's got one of the funnest themes - the love triangle. So, Harima is in love with Tenma, and Tenma is in love with
Karasuma. Except nothing ever goes right. It's great.

Scrapped Princess

This is one about a baby who was born with the prophesy attached to her that she was the poison that would destroy the world when she turned 16. So, they drop her off a cliff, and she is forever afterwards referred to as the 'Scrapped Princess'. But the thing is, she's 15 when the story starts, and she's so completely harmless that it seems impossible to anyone who gets to know her that she could destroy the world. Something's definitely not right about that prophesy.

So, there we go. Hope you enjoyed that little bit of pointless fluff ^_^!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home