Wild Moon Swings

Friday, November 18, 2005

Vampire Moon

When I first started writing I found vampires an excellent source for inspiration. You might think that's a little morbid if you're a good little girl, or you might think that's pretty ordinary if you're a normal little girl. And it's got to be one of the two since I don't know any bad little girls.

Anyway, I went on a gothic rampage several years ago where I used to write mountains of vampyric poetry. I even wrote a novel called 'Fallen Angel', right before everything (and their dog) was called something along that vein. But I was really too young to strike gold with the rest of those capitalist jerkwads, making their money off all those not-so-innocent teens, so my story remains unpublished, and rightly so. It was really just an Anne Rice 'Vampire Chronicles' knock-off anyway. You know something like; "The dark figure moved silently, like liquid mercury behind his prey; a beautiful woman wearing a sleek dark gown walking alone on the cobblestone of the dark alley. The tapping of her footfalls resounding like the ticking of a clock, and it was about to strike midnight. He paused for just one second, to admire her, and to wait as she proceeded just that little bit further into the darkness". Actually, I was just trying to cram the word 'dark' into as many places as possible. Sorry to say that it didn't turn out to be very elegant and instead just made me think blaringly of Snoopopathic Literature, so now I'm laughing at myself.

Anyway, I wanted to talk about vampire poetry. I hadn't written any for years, but several months ago I accidentally wrote another one. Must have been something left in my system from my formerlly mentioned 'goth-girl days'. I would never share anything truly precious to me in a medium such as this, but for fun little things that I want to sport, this works perfectly.

For your enjoyment:

Vampire Moon by the Phirest of the Sapphireflies

That fills my blood

And caresses my body

That kills my spirit

And makes me move

So I move


And it makes me prove

What I am

And where I lie

Each time I die

Under the vampire moon


Loads of love,

Your Royal Highness


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home