Wild Moon Swings

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Gokusen


Welp, I thought I'd discuss my latest obsession. It's been awhile since I went on a rampage (the quill, the page, lyric rampage . . . or something like that). Anyway, everyone knows I'm an animaniac, and I tend to go over board when I find things I like. Well, I really liked this.

So, I watched the Gokusen 13 episode anime and thought that it looked exactly like 'Bevis and Butthead' and 'Daria', but I take it back. It's probably a little better than that, but really ugly compared to most anime. Anime can be really beautiful. Anyway, I thought the series was above the cut, but then I read the manga. Ah, the manga. It was so good it nearly blew my mind apart; freaking hilarious, prettily drawn, extremely entertaining (note: the clip above is from the manga).

It's the story of 23-year-old Kumiko who's got herself a job as high school math teacher in an all-boys school where most of the students are delinquants. Now, you'd think that she'd be totally screwed, seeing that she's totally outnumbered by her bad-boy students, but she's totally prepared for it. You see, she's a mafia princess.

Anyway, I don't just like it cause it's funny. It has a teensie bit of a love story crammed in there too, and it's soooooooooooooo sweet I could just die!

There's also a J-Drama, which I haven't seen, and I'm not sure if I want to. When I looked up info on it, it sounded like a Japanese version of 'Everwood' or some such crap. Well, if I ever see it, I'll do another post and tell y'all how it was.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home